Sunday, July 26, 2009

Where does the time go?

Somehow I never seem to have enough time in my day recently. Things get pretty hectic around our house and about mid-week this week I realized... I never did my Sunday blog post. Ooops. Wish I could say it would never happen again. But, alas, I'm sure it will. (In fact, heads up, we're going to upstate NY next week for Alicia and Andy's wedding, so it may very well happen again next weekend.)

So, to catch you up, we've had a fun couple of weeks. Last weekend while Nana was away at her college reunion, we went to the Cape with Grammi and Papa. Grammi was our hero and let Elliott sleep (and wake up five times) in her room for the night so Dana and I could get some sleep. Sweet, sweet sleep. How I have missed you.

Our friends Devon and Brooke were at the beach that same weekend, in town from Colorado. They came over to meet Elliott and hang out for the evening.

It was fun... even though I was lame and left everyone sitting around the fire at 9:30 to sneak inside and go to sleep. I mean, I had ONE night to sleep without getting up for Elliott so I needed to make every hour count. Can you blame me?

The weather was gorgeous and Elliott spent some good time playing outside.

Then Nyxie took advantage of the comfy set up in the yard once Elliott was back inside...

In our latest efforts to get Elliott to sleep more at night, we've started having him sleep in the pack-n-play every night. He seems to like it more than his crib, even though it's right next to his crib. And having his bunny in there with him seems to help too.

This weekend we're catching up some chores around the house. And Elliott is catching up on his US Weekly reading...

Wish us luck on our first hotel stay with the little man next weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment