Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day

Today was Dana's first Father's Day. We let him sleep in as a special treat... but he insisted on doing some "Dad" chores like mowing the lawn. He really has this Dad thing down! It was rainy here today so we couldn't do a full blown Daddy and Elliott photo shoot like I had planned. But, we did snap a few shots to remember the day.

Earlier in the week, Elliott and I went to our last New Mommy/New Baby group meeting. Hopefully we'll keep in touch with some of the people from our group so Elliott can have some little friends... once he's old enough to care. At this point, the group meetings were definitely more about the mom's socializing than the babies playing. But, soon they'll be old enough to actually be aware that there is another kid sitting two feet away. He's in his own little world right now.

The big excitement around here this week was the gas leak outside our house. I called the gas company on Friday about a gas smell in our driveway, expecting they would make some small repair and be gone in a few hours. Well, the next thing you know, they had about 20 guys at our house, a police detail, construction equipment... long story short, they had to tear up the whole street to fix this little problem and they were working at our house until 3:30 in the morning! Yup, we had a noisy construction site going -- in the road AND in our basement!! -- until 3:30 a.m. WITH a 3 month old. Needless to say, there was not a lot of sleep in our house that night. On the plus side, the leak is fixed and we no longer have to worry about the house blowing up. The sleepless night was worth it.

We've also had some visitors this week. Uncle Brian and Auntie Molly were in town from Chicago and stopped by the house to see Elliott. Fun!

And, Elliott's Nana arrived from Baltimore today. She is staying until August to watch Elliott now that I'm going back to work full time. Yes, tomorrow is my first day back full time. Sigh. I'm going to miss the little guy so much. I'm sure I'll call ten times during the day to check on him.
The blog posts may have fewer pictures going forward since I won't be around during the week to snap photos. BUT, Grandpa Neal did get us a video camera this week, so you can expect to start seeing some video posts soon. Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment