The little counter on the blog tells me that I have 30 days to go. That sounds perfect because it means I'm getting close, but still have a few weeks to get some stuff done. So, I was feeling pretty calm, cool and collected... until I got a call yesterday from a co-worker. She told me that another woman we work with, who was due on the exact same day I am, went into labor yesterday morning. OMG! She had a baby girl yesterday afternoon (both mom and baby are doing well).
After getting this call, I was convinced that I would also go into labor yesterday. I spent half the day trying to evaluate if anything felt "different" and searching for signs that I was going into labor. Yes, I realize that what happened to this other woman has absolutely no connection to me. But, in my mind, sharing a due date = having a baby on roughly the same day. And this whole 4+ weeks early thing really threw me for a loop.
Today, I've calmed down a bit. No signs of labor, and I think my baby will not be making an early appearance... this week at least. But, it definitely makes me realize that this could all go down at any time. Better start packing my hospital bag...
Thursday, February 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I can't believe I have less than a month to prepare for Nana-hood!
ReplyDelete