Sunday, April 26, 2009

Warm weather is here!

The week didn't start out that warm. The Boston Marathon was Monday and we had to bundle up to go check it out. Elliott got a great spot to park his stroller right in the front row!

Fortunately, the race runs right throught the center of our town so we only had to walk two blocks to get there and the lead male runners came through right when we got there. So, we didn't have to be out in the cold for too long.

On Tuesday, Grammi came to spend the whole afternoon with us. Boy, are we lucky to have such a great Grammi. She watched Elliott so that I could run some errands... my first time going out without my little man. Much as I love spending my days with him, it was nice to get out and do some shopping without worrying that he would start screaming at any moment. I knew he was safe and happy at home with his Grammi. I felt so good about the day that I even cooked dinner that night. That doesn't happen too often these days!

On Friday, I decided to take advantage of the nice weather and go for a long walk. I fed Elliott first, so I figured he'd be set for a while. Then we walked to a lake near our house and I got all set to read a magazine...

...when he started wailing. And he would not stop. And when I put him back in the stroller to walk home, he cried harder. So, I was holding him in one arm and pushing the stroller with the other. Fortunately, Dana called to say he was home from work and he volunteered to come pick us up in the car, so we didn't have to go the whole 20 minute walk home like that.

After that we decided to enjoy the nice weather from a little closer to home -- the front porch. Elliott looked super cute in his sun hat, but was more interested in eating his hand than posing for a picture.

Last night, we went to a BBQ at our friend's house a few blocks from home. We had a nice walk there -- no crying -- and Elliott seemed to enjoy himself.

Unfortunately, when we got home he was NOT enjoying himself. He cried for 2 hours straight -- a record for him. On the bright side, after he cried it out for 2 hours, he slept for 4 hours straight -- also a record for him!

This morning, we had a bath. Elliott loves the bath, especially the water being sprayed over his head. So cute!

And he looks so adorable all wrapped up after his bath. Look at this little snuggle bug. Love him!

1 comment:

  1. You're just about through the hardest part, Liz! With both my kids, it was at 6ish weeks that they started turning the corner. I finally started to "get" what they were trying to tell me with their different cries, and they started settling into a schedule, sleeping more, smiling a bit, etc. Hang in there!! Becki

    ReplyDelete